The Four Seasons of Hendersonville NC
Hendersonville, NC is nicknamed the city of four seasons. The seasons are relatively mild as compared with the Midwest and Northeast parts of the U.S. Regardless of the month or seasons, there are plenty of things to see and do around town.
Average Weather Temperatures
The coldest month on average is January where the average low is 30 degrees. Snow can happen during any winter month as it did in December 2018 where the area received over a foot of the white stuff.
The warmest month on average is July, followed closely by August, which hovers around 84 degrees. Depending upon the weather patterns, the summer months can be humid but evenings are generally pleasant due to the elevation.
|Average high in °F:||48||51||59||67||75||81|
|Average low in °F:||27||30||36||43||53||62|
|Average high in °F:||84||83||77||68||59||49|
|Average low in °F:||66||65||57||46||37||30|
- Go snow tubing in January and February at Moonshine Mountain.
- Take a lazy, Sunday drive around town as the area blossoms into Spring during March and April.
- Hit the hiking trails or take a drive on the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway in May and June.
- Visit the surrounding state forests or land of waterfalls in nearby Brevard to cool off in July and August.
- September is festival month! The North Carolina Apple Festival in downtown Hendersonville kicks the apple-craze into high gear on Labor Day weekend where crowds enjoy local crafts, entertainment, and rides for the kids. For thrill seekers, the North Carolina Mountain State Fair starts around the same time and combines agricultural exhibits with a full-fledge carnival experience.
- October and November are prime pumpkin picking and leaf peeping months when the area experiences the highest number of tourists.
- From Christmas caroling on the steps of the Hendersonville historic court house to touring the timeless decorations at the Biltmore House, the area is a winter wonderland.