“Our goal is to make home ownership easy from beginning to end by finding you the right home, within your timeframe, and favorably negotiated terms! Whether relocating from across the country or around the corner, our Home Ownership Made Easy system makes it simple and stress-free.
We walk, every step of the path… with you.”
Schedule Your HOME Buying Experience Consultation
We take the time to understand your why? Why you are selling your home and what results you want to achieve. Then we leverage our PEAK Home Selling Experience to make it happen.
The initial consultation is to answer three questions:
- How can we help you?
- What is the selling process in NC?
- Do you want to work with us?
It’s all about trust. We want to answer any questions you have, coach you through the process, and work to get you the results you deserve.
Set Your Dates
When do you want to move-in? Your timing determines the schedule. For example, a relocation for work may require a quick move so the timetable will be shorter. Generally speaking, the time to find your home (7-14 days), plus the time from Under Contract to Due Diligence (14-21 days) and additional time to the closing (~10 days) is around 45 day from start to finish. Cash closings can be faster but still require attorney and title work requiring 2-3 weeks on average. Work backwards from your targeted moving date and remember to factor important dates like holidays, vacations, and school calendars.
Set Your Priorities
Determine and create a list of ‘must-haves’, ‘should-haves’, and ‘bonus-haves’. Consider some of the following questions to get started with your list:
|Budget||Location||Size of home and land|
|Proximity to amenities||Proximity to services||Availability of utilities|
|Driving distances||Number of beds and baths||Condition of home|
|School options||Landscaping||HOA and restrictions|
Partner with Our Team
Lean on our local expertise to speed up your knowledge of the area, be informed on the home buying process, and understand the latest, local market trends. We are experts at relocations and have worked clients across the United States. Our HOME Buying System uses tools so you can search and review homes like a local and feel confident in putting forward your offer. Our systematic approach to evaluating properties factors the suitability of the home in comparison to your needs, a review of the land and home to catch potential issues before making and offer, and a 4-point model for determining the best offer price. Throughout the process we help you to:
- Find the right home for you
- Avoid major pitfalls
- Guide you through the contractual details of the purchase
- Coach you through the
- Negotiate for a win-win between all parties
- Coordinate timing and keep the flow of information going between all parties involved including your attorney
- Make sure we stay on task and on time
- Become your proxy during inspections and getting estimates from professionals for improvements or repairs
- And much more… possibly over 200 steps
Leverage Our Partners
We strive to partner with professionals that:
- Are experts and experienced in their fields
- Have he heart of a teacher and the mindset of a coach
- Take pride in customer service and top-notch communication
- Value you, your time and business
Download our App
Download our customized Keller Williams apps to power your home search. Save search areas, share homes with others for feedback, create a collection of your favorite homes, and more. The app shows handy information on schools, commute times, and things to do nearby from Yelp! Go to http://app.LivePlayWNC.com or scan the QR code below with your mobile phone’s camera.
- After downloading, create an account to login.
- Watch this introductory video to learn how to maximize your search.
- Be sure to save your favorite homes, create collections and share with your friends and family.
Bookmark this site www.LivePlayWNC.com
Our website is the hub of your home buying experience. Not only can you search for homes using your computer but you can get more specific neighborhood information. Visit our Learning Center and read from our Home Buying 101 series to learn important steps.
Immediate Notifications from Our MLS
After our initial consultation, we will create a custom search based on your criteria with instant notification to let you know when potential homes come on the market.
Virtual and In-Person Home Tours
Once we find a home that meets most of your needs, wants, and wishes, we will take a closer look. If you are relocating from another area or simply out of town, we will produce a video walkthrough for you to review online. During our walkthroughs we look closely at the home’s condition to point out any items that are likely to be flagged during an inspection as something that needs to be addressed or remedied. This is a crucial step to rely on our experience considering NC and SC use a due diligence process for home buying.
Want to see an example of our video tours? Contact us and we will send you a link!
Stages of the Transaction
- Offer is made and negotiated, if needed.
- The offer is accepted after both parties agree to no further modifications and is communicated.
- Once under contract, the Due Diligence period begins for the time specified in the contract. Buyers should perform all inspections and other examinations during this time and, ideally, receive loan approval from their mortgage company.
- After the Due Diligence time period ends, negotiations are completed, then the Earnest Money Deposit becomes active. The buyer needs to complete any other steps related to the mortgage, closing requirements, and moving.
- Congratulations! The closing date is set and typically happens at the buyer’s attorney office. Once the Deed is recorded with the court house, the buyer can receive keys and take possession.
What is Due Diligence?
Due Diligence (DD) is a period of time to perform any and all inspections for buyer’s to ensure they want to move forward with the purchase of the home.
There may be a negotiable Due Diligence Fee that is part of the offer. If the offer is accepted, the Due Diligence Fee is paid directly from the buyer to the seller. If the buyer terminates during the DD period, the buyer forfeits the fee. If the buyer closes on the home, the fee becomes a credit to the buyer.
What is the Earnest Money Deposit?
An Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) is a negotiated amount of money the buyer puts forward as a “good faith” deposit. The deposit is held in escrow by a 3rd-party, typically the buyer’s attorney.
The EMD becomes a credit to the buyer at closing. If the buyer breaches the contract after the DD period, the EMD and DD fees are distributed based on the terms of the contract. Depending on the contract, some states allow the seller to seek additional damages.
Before You Close
After the Due Diligence period ends, we will guide you through the last steps which generally include:
- Finishing your mortgage process, if applicable
- Scheduling a moving company. Check out our helpful article on How to Hire a Moving Company.
- Transfer or activate utility services
- Review the Closing Disclosure for accuracy (we triple check this too!)
- Transfer funds for closing
- Schedule final walk-through
- Sign closing paperwork
We work as your concierge service to coordinate: attorneys, buyer’s agent, and any trade professionals. We make the process as easy as possible so you can focus on what matters. As our client said, “Their attention to detail and total understanding of us was what made this hard process almost easy.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you, as a real estate agent in NC, represent me as the seller?
We act as your coach through the process looking out for your best interests. Download this brochure to learn more.
- Why should we hire you over other real estate agents?
Our HOME Buying System is continuously updated to make home buying easy and stress-free. We let our performance and clients be the proof points for hiring us. See what our clients have to say in their own words.
- What do you charge to help us buy our next home?
Our level of service to you is not negotiable (always 100% full-service), but our rates are negotiable.
What if I want to see a property a friend recommended or that is having an open house?
Perfect! Just let us know the details and we will investigate the property to give you the best guidance before we go see it together.
- What happens when you are unavailable or on vacation and we want to see a just listed home?
We make every attempt to be available since we work as a 2-person team. In the rare event we are unavailable or on vacation, we will coordinate with one of our backup showing specialists and fellow agents to show you the home. All other work related to home buying prior to closing can be done remotely by phone, email, and electronic signatures.
- Can you work with for sale by owner (FSBO)?
Homeowners trying to sell their home without agent representation are usually doing so in the hopes of saving money on the commission. If you see a FSBO and want the advantages of our services, let me contact the owner for you and make an appointment. Most times the homeowner will work with an agent even though their home is not listed, since the agent is introducing a potential buyer to their property.
- Can we go back through our property again once an offer is made but before possession
Usually, we can notify the seller and schedule a convenient time to visit the property again. Immediately before the closing, we will schedule a final walk-through and inspection of your new home.